Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Craft Room Update

A few months ago I shared the first peek at my future craft room in our new home HERE. Things are moving along and I am excited to share the first peek inside my craft room now that drywall is up. It's so hard to get a perspective of things before drywall. The room itself is about 10' x 10'. My previous room was 12' x 12', but I think this one is laid out better, plus you'll see there is a bump-out that will give room for a counter and storage. 

This first picture is the doorway coming into the craft room. Beyond it you can see the window and door to the porch which wraps around to the front of the house also.

I tried to get the pictures going around the room in order. Just pretend you are standing in the room and turning to your right with each picture. You can see the doorway in the left of this picture. This is the bumped out area where I will have wall and base cabinets and a counter. My awesome husband even thought to put a can light right in the center of the soffit for task lighting. The room itself has 4 can lights. It might seem silly, but I know how important good lighting is to good crafting.

Here you can see the right end of the bump-out and the window that faces out front.

And finally, the front corner of the house. The window on the right here is the same window you see to the left of the doorway in the first picture. Not only will I have great overhead light, but there is great natural light coming in, too. The porch roof will keep the direct light out though, which will help prevent fading the paper that I might leave out.

All we have left is trim, painting, cabinets and flooring. It seems we're in the home stretch. I am counting down the days (months) until we can move in. I told my husband I might unpack my craft room before the kitchen. He wasn't amused. 



No comments:

Post a Comment