Monday, September 2, 2013

September Stamp Camp Sneak Peak #1

Happy September! I decided to jump right into Fall with this first Stamp Camp card. The theme for this month's Stamp Camp is "Simple but pretty". At least, I feel that's how the cards came out. I had a few ideas going into my brainstorming/card making session this time, but not a real clear picture of where I wanted things to go. However as soon as I got some stamps and paper out, the cards sort of just came together. I hope you like them! I think there's something here for everyone this month. And they are SIMPLE! Which means if you come to Stamp Camp you are in for a fun, easy evening with friends. I think you'll like these simple cards because they will also give you easy ideas to create more cards at home. And that just adds to the fun!

I am actually waiting on some supplies to come (any day now) for this card. We are going to use the new Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper (DSP) from the Holiday Catalog for the patterned paper behind the leaf image. I used a similar pattern from retired DSP to be a "place holder" until my order comes in. We are once again using the French Foliage Stamp Set - one of my favorites! Shhhh! Don't tell anyone, but we actually used this stamp set at our last Stamp Camp, too, on this card. Isn't it great how versatile ONE stamp set can be?! This time we have an entirely different look!
And I'd like to plug My Paper Pumpkin again. "Hey there friend" is a stamp from the monthly subscription I talked about here. Each month the kit comes with the supplies needed to make either 4 cards or a 3-D project such as a mini album or birthday banners. Inside, along with the paper and die cut stickers or twine and buttons, you will always find 1-2 stamps and an ink spot. I have loved each stamp that has come in the kits - and they are exclusive - not available anywhere else! Don't you just love this sentiment?!

 Supplies:

Stamp Sets:
French Foliage
"Hey There" from My Paper Pumpkin

Paper:
Sweater Weather DSP
Crushed Curry
Sahara Sand

Ink:
Chocolate Chip
Crushed Curry
Tangerine Tango
Sahara Sand

Misc. Accessories:
Neutrals and Brights Candy Dots
Sponge

No comments:

Post a Comment