Thursday, April 25, 2013

May Stamp Camp Sneak Peak #2

Time for another Stamp Camp sneak peak! 

I have loved the Artistic Etchings stamp set for a long time. I struggle, though, to find uses for it. Obviously it's a great wedding or anniversary set. However, during Sale-A-Bration this year, there was a stamp set called Feeling Sentimental that had outline images of antique items such as an old fashioned big wheel bicycle, an old phone booth and a ferris wheel. Those images were similar enough to the Eiffel Tower in Artistic Etchings that it really got my wheels turning and I came up with this card.

This card conjures up a long lost love story, written on a lost piece of paper. The little touches of splatter and French script from the French Foliage set ties everything together. You would think these two sets belonged together. Like Amour. Wink.

Currently, the card base is Island Indigo, a 2011-2013 In Color that I adore. Thankfully, it is being added into the Regals Color Family and will be here to stay. However, I ended up using the same color in another card for Stamp Camp. I try not to do this too often. You probably wouldn't have even noticed unless I pointed it out. I reserve the right to change my mind, but we may just end up using a new color that I can pre-order as a demonstrator... So I guess you'll just have to come to find out!



No comments:

Post a Comment