Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Terrific Tips Tuesday

All right, are you ready for one of my favorite tips? It has nothing to do with stamping or creating. Surprised? Well, I was, too. This is a tip that I had never even considered before, but once someone clued me in, my Stampin' life has been the better for it. OK, so maybe it has something to do with stamping and creating. Even though it doesn't involve using stamps, ink or adhesive, this tip will help with something you will hold in your hands over and over again. How often do you flip through the Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog looking for inspiration? If your answer is, "Duh, Cheryl! All the time!" then you are going to love this tip:

Get your catalog spiral bound!

Most office supply stores like Office Max and Staples will do this for you, and often only for around $2-$5. Not only does this help protect your catalog from all the use and page flipping, but having the ability to lay it flat makes it so much easier to look at. Your pages are protected because you will have the option to add a plastic cover to the front and back of the catalog. You will love being able to lay the pages flat and even fold the whole catalog in half to save room.

Oh, and are you ready for a bonus tip? I like to highlight the items I own. That makes it so much easier to flip through the catalog and come up with new projects or helps me see what I might want to add to my wish list. This is also helpful right now with the retiring lists. In the picture below, the items highlighted in pink are punches I own. The items highlighted in green are punches on the retiring list. As I go through my catalog and highlight items, I can easily see if there is something I want to add to my collection before it's gone for good!


The new catalog will be coming out in just a few weeks. Now you're all ready with some helpful organizing tips when that beautiful, glossy catalog lands in your hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment