Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Terrific Tips Tuesday

Do you feel like you run short on inspiration? We all run into creative blocks. For me, it's always the first card or scrapbook page I create when I haven't made anything in a while. Once I break through that hurdle, I'm good to go, but sometimes that first project can take daaaayyyyssss. So, where do I turn for inspiration? The whole world around me! My up-line once told me when she started selling Stampin' Up! she began to see the world in Stampin' Up! colors: Bashful Blue sky, Wild Wasabi  grass, Pink Pirouette flowers - you get the idea. Well, that has happened to me, too.
I see color in clothes that people around me wear, I see it in magazines I read, and of course I see it in nature. And, if you know me well, you know I even see it in my dreams. I have created at least 2 cards for Stamp Camp that came almost entirely from dreams I had.
When you see things that jump out at you, take notice of the colors. When you start noticing this and keeping track, you will see patterns emerge and when you bring those to your creative table you will love what you create.

  • Take pictures of or write down the colors you see that intrigue you.
  • Tear out that page in the magazine of the room/clothing/bedding/etc that you love. Pull colors from the picture.
  • When scrapbooking, look for dominate colors in your pictures. That will get you a jumping-off point to start your page.
  • Use Stampin' Up!'s Color Coach. This is a tool I use almost as much as my scissors. A quick flip through the cards shows you which colors work particularly well together and may add to your inspiration. There are even blank cards to write down your own favorite color combos. Use them! I love the color coach and have even used it to help with decorating and other projects around the house.
  • My new favorite place for inspiration is Pinterest. Just type in the name of the stamp set or any other feature of the project you are trying to create and you will have tons of great inspiration right at your fingertips! If you'd like, start by following my Cards pinboard. Then while you're there, check out my Scrapbooking, Creativity Unleashed and 3-D Projects Pinboards. 
Feeling inspired? I hope so! Now get creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment