Monday, April 22, 2013

May Stamp Camp Sneak Peak #1

Are you ready for a sneak peak? I love this card! I mentioned recently that sometimes I dream about cards. This card is one of them. In my dream the images were flowers, but I didn't have the right stamp set that I pictured. It needed to be multiple versions of lined images. The Button Button stamp set fit the bill perfectly! 

I am quite an amateur at photography, so I frequently find myself frustrated at how the card colors look online. What to me looks like a periwinkle in this picture is actually Pool Party. Currently a 2012-2013 In Color, it will find a permanent home in the Stampin' Up! Subtles Color Family when the new catalog rolls out. I am probably most excited about that color change since I seem to find a way to use this color in almost every other project I make. Pool Party card stock also adds a sweet touch with just the edge of the Dotted Scallop Border Punch peaking from behind the Whisper White card stock.

Even in my dream, I could see that if I used the Embossing Powder in Pool Party it would pop beautifully against the Calypso Coral card base and add dimension that makes you want to reach out and touch the buttons. Daffodil Delight brings these colors together in a way that is perfect for a Spring card. It's also a perfect color combination for a new baby card, don't you think? But, since it's not over-the-top "baby" you can easily change the sentiment up and create a birthday, thank-you or thinking of you card.



No comments:

Post a Comment