Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Terrific Tips Tuesday

Today's tip is simple and useful. You know I've shared before how much I love using punches. I especially love Stampin' Up!'s punches because they coordinate so well with the stamp sets. They make throwing together a card or scrapbook page easy while upping the "wow" factor. Who wouldn't love that?!

But sometimes punches can give you issues. What to do when your favorite punch starts leaving fuzzy edges on the paper? Thankfully, there's a simple solution and all you have to do is walk into your kitchen and pull out something you probably use almost every day: Foil.

Punch through the foil a few times (and for an extra smooth measure, you can finish by punching through wax paper) and - voila! - a newly sharpened punch! 

I have learned through trial and error, that a thicker foil definitely works better. I have bought store brands before, and while they will work, they also tend to tear as you remove the foil from the punch, making this process a little more frustrating. In fact, I often fold the foil in half to make it a little thicker.

Give it a try today! I'll bet you fall in love with your punches all over again! 


No comments:

Post a Comment