Thursday, April 16, 2015

Teacher Appreciation Week

This week was Teacher Appreciation Week at my kids' school. Each day has a different theme. This year I helped the kids make a set of cards for the handmade gift day. Of course I did. :) Each of my kids made a set of 4 thank-you cards to give to their teacher. All I did was come up with the design and cut the paper for them. They decided if they wanted to make it exactly like I did or change it up a bit. 

And my kids showed that they are creative! Sydney changed the orientation of the card - and rearranged the buttons accordingly. When she realized she'd stamped the inside sentiment the wrong direction, she figured out she could turn the paper over and stamp again without me telling her. Sydney and Corban both played around with the ink colors, making each card just a little different.

Jared was the first to play around with the button colors and get creative - then they all did. I loved it, and I hope their teachers do, too. At the end of the evening, even my 11 year old son said, "Mom, I had fun making the cards with you tonight." That made my whole day!

Items Used:


No comments:

Post a Comment