Friday, December 6, 2013

Flashback Friday

I have been thinking it's time to revisit Flashback Fridays. I often go back to cards I've made in the past for inspiration, so it's my hope that you'll find inspiration in them, too. 
The temperatures are dropping and the days are getting shorter. It must mean it's almost time for Christmas! And with Christmas comes Christmas cards, so I thought I'd revisit the Stamp Camp cards we made last year this month.

I am so excited about this first card for several reasons. First of all, the stamp set Evergreen looks simple but offers many options. There is a solid evergreen tree background, an outline stamp of the tree and a shape of the tree in script with the words to Silent Night. It also has a perfect sentiment for inside the card. You have your Christmas card basics covered with Evergreen (W 127970 $25.95, C 127973 $18.95). I made two cards to show some of the ways you can make this card your own. You can also play around with the ink colors you use for the layers. On the left, I used Certainly Celery for the solid image and Old Olive for the outlined image. On the right I used Certainly Celery for the solid image again but Chocolate Chip for the words. You could play around with those colors, or any others for that matter, in almost any combination.





Supplies:
Stamp Set:
Evergreen
Paper:
Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Raspberry Ripple, Very Vanilla
Inks:
Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip
Accessories:
Star Punch from the Merry Minis Punch Pack, Champagne Glitter Paper, Big Shot & Woodgrain Embossing Folder, Baker's Twine, Glue Dots, Naturals Designer Buttons

No comments:

Post a Comment