Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Terrific Tips Tuesday

Today's tip, in the middle of this hurried holiday season: Keep it simple!

I'm a planner, which means I've had my cards planned and made for a while now (getting them addressed and mailed was a different story this year!). I know how many I need and who I need them for. But life is always good at throwing us curve balls and I realized last week that I would need a few more cards for my husband to take around to his clients with gift baskets. We are busy not only with the Christmas season and all the activities 3 kids bring along with them, but we are also getting ready to move. I just don't have time right now for an extra card-making session! So, I kept it simple. With a basic background patterned paper (Season of Style Designer Series Paper Stack) as a jumping off point for color, I was able to easily throw these cards together. Deco Labels Framelits Dies nest perfectly to give me a border around the stamped image. I just love this log cabin from the Christmas Lodge set from last year. Add a little sponging around the edges for detail and - viola - done! You can quickly make a cute little stack of cards with this method. Not only will this be helpful for those last-minute cards you might need, but making a set of cards like this would also be a great gift this holiday season. You may not be the only one in search of that last-minute card.

This tip works for any occasion you might have come up. All you have to do is pick the DSP and change up the central image and this layout - or one similar - will keep you supplied with cards throughout the year! Remember, I love to see how people CASE (copy and share everything) my cards and change things up to suit themselves! Please share your ideas, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment