Friday, January 31, 2014

Flashback Friday




I found this post from our January Stamp Club meeting a few years ago. Now that we are at the end of January, looking ahead to Valentine's Day, I thought you might appreciate these projects.

I wanted to do a Valentine's Day theme, but I am not especially fond of the usual pinks and purples. When I saw this color combination, I knew it had to be!

We also learned how to use the Sweet Treat Cups to add a special sweetness to our cards. The tab towards the top pulls out revealing a hole through which you can retrieve your candy. That way the recipient doesn't have to tear the card to get to the good stuff!

We used Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, Basic Black, Pear Pizzazz and Whisper White to pull the card together. The Sweetheart stamp set was made to go perfectly with the Full Heart Punch and Sweet Treat Cups.

For an added Valentine's bonus we used the Pillow Box die (given some extra texture with Texturz Plates) to hold mints. We layered a stamp from the retired hostess Love Bug set on Whisper White punched with the Scallop Oval punch over Real Red punched with the Decorative Label punch. I love what layering punches can do for a project!




No comments:

Post a Comment