Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Terrific Tips Tuesday

Recently I mentioned sponging the edge of a piece of card stock. This method gives a nice, aged look to a card. It helps soften the look of the edge of the paper and can even add texture to a project. I keep my sponges very handy because this is a technique I use frequently on my cards and my scrapbook pages. 

Simply hold the card stock up in your non-dominant hand, tap the sponge on the ink pad and brush it perpendicular to the card. You can play around with angles, pressure, amount of ink, and even color of ink. I generally use a brown like Chocolate Chip, Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake and now the new In-Color, Baked Brown Sugar. It just depends on the look you are going for. Those neutrals are great for an aged look, but depending on the style of your project and the colors used, try other colors: Grays, pinks and blues add great touches, also!

Of course, Stampin' Up!'s sponges are great for this technique. And to make them last even longer and to keep from mixing colors, simple cut them into 4 wedges each and use each wedge for a different color or until it's so full of ink your fingers are getting messy when you use it.



No comments:

Post a Comment