Friday, March 7, 2014

Flashback Friday



Today's flashback highlights an adorable *retired* hostess set. If you didn't get this set when it was available, you may be regretting it after you see this darling card. You can earn hostess sets only by hosting a qualifying party or spending $150 on an order. You can use hostess money on any item in the catalog, but you can only get hostess sets by using hostess money. If you'd like to place an order or ask me any questions, leave a comment, use the contact box on the left, or simply click on the, "Shop Now" button.

The colors I used were Sahara Sand, Not Quite Navy, Wild Wasabi and Poppy Parade. Not Quite Navy and Poppy Parade are now retired. You can do what I did and check out the Color Coach for color combination inspiration. You can also give Night of Navy or Island Indigo a try. I think the 2012-2014 In Color Midnight Muse would be a perfect replacement. Tangerine Tango would be a fun switch-up for Poppy Parade.

I thought I would share this card because it still makes me smile and you can still get inspired even if you don't have the same stamp set. The layout is clean and simple, so it lends itself well to CASEing (Copy And Share Everything). I hope you are inspired today!

It's time for another sneak peak! Are you getting excited? Let me introduce you to the cutest stamp set: Long Fellows. How cute is this little guy? And, he's got friends! Be sure to check them out! And, you can get this set for FREE by hosting a qualifying workshop! Yes, this set is a hostess set and I just *had* to share it!


The card base is my favorite neutral: Sahara Sand. I used the Color Coach to come up with a fun, different color combination. Who knew Not Quite Navy could be so much fun with Wild Wasabi and in-color Poppy Parade?

To give the card just a little more dimension (and allow my customers to pick any animal from the set and not be tied to a color) I used VersaMark and black embossing powder for the image.

To give this card a simple and sweet bit of flair I punched one flower out with the Boho Blossoms punch and added a pearl right in the center.

My favorite cards are simple and sweet, just like this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment