Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Terrific Tips Tuesday

I hope you'll find today's tip useful. I love using the Big Shot. It may be one of my favorite tools to use. Generally, it's best to only use one layer of card stock when you use the Big Shot. But, there are a few items that do work just as well with two pieces of card stock.
First, I have found that I prefer running the embossing folders through on Tab 2, not Tab 1 as the cutting platform recommends. I still get a nice embossed image, but didn't get the occasional paper tearing I saw with Tab 1. Since the "sandwich" is a little thinner, you have room to put 2 sheets of card stock in your embossing folder!
I have also found that the Bigz and Originals dies can also generally handle 2 sheets of card stock. 
This tip is so handy if you are making multiples for your project! Don't be afraid to play around. Just be careful and smart and you might find some new ways to use your Big Shot. Every Big Shot tends to be little a little unique, so get to know yours.
I do know that with other accessories, especially the Framelits, Embosslits and Sizzlets are not made to cut through more than one sheet of card stock. But they sure are just as fun to work with, so we'll forgive them! ;) I hope you have fun playing with your Big Shot today and maybe even trying new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment