Friday, July 4, 2014

Flashback Friday

Today I wanted to share a couple of my all-time favorite Club projects from May 2012:

We had our May meeting last night,  so I thought I should share our projects with you. I had a lot of fun trying these new techniques.
Our card was a 3-D project in its own right, with a pop-out cake in the middle! And, our 3-D project was a flat coaster!  
I got the idea for the coasters out of our demonstrator's magazine, Stampin' Success. I have actually been looking for just the right coasters for my living room for a while so this was the perfect opportunity to get exactly what I wanted - by making it myself!
First, adhere felt pads to the bottom of the tile to protect your surfaces. Cut paper to fit the tile. For our tile a 4 3/16" square was the right size. If you want, you can even stamp images on the paper for some added design. And, of course, Stampin' Up makes coordinating everything so easy! Use decoupage glue to adhere the paper to the ceramic tile. Brush Crystal Effects over the paper. Make sure the edges are fully covered so the paper does not come up. Allow plenty of time for drying. The nice thing about the Crystal Effects is that it dries slowly so it's forgiving as you work with it and it is also self-leveling so the lines smooth out nicely. I used sponge brushes to apply the adhesives.
I got this card idea by looking at many different cards on our demonstrator web site. I kept the outside simple because the inside was a little more complicated.
Susan Yeager posted a picture of the inside of her card where she shared this pop-up cake on our demonstrator website. She gave some short directions and I took it from there! Below are my version of the directions for this card. 
Pop-up Birthday Cake Card
1.       Start with a card base (Marina Mist) measuring 8 ½ x 5 ½. Use a piece of Whisper White card stock cut to 8 ¼ x 5 ¼ for   the inside that will become the pop-up cake.
2.       Fold the Whisper White card stock in half so it will fit inside the card base.
3.       Place the Whisper White card stock into the cutter at 1” with the folded edge at the top.
4.       Cut to 1 ¾”.
5.       Move the card over ¾” and make another 1 ¾” cut.
6.       Each layer is ¾” wide.
7.       The other cuts are 1 ½”, 1 ¼” and 1”.

No comments:

Post a Comment