Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Terrific Tips Tuesday

Today's tip is a pretty simple one, but I can always see the "light bulb moment" when I share it with people. It has to do with one of my very favorite tools, the Big Shot.

The tip begins like this: No two Big Shots are exactly the same.

So... That means that sometimes you have to play around a little to get the different dies to work the way you want them to. Sometimes that means you'll have to add a shim (or a an extra layer by adding a sheet of paper to your "sandwich") to get the die to cut just right.

But the biggest tip I share over and over again has more to do with the Multipurpose Platform that comes with the Big Shot and, generally, the embossing folders. The Platform has different "tabs" that create varying thicknesses that work with each different die, framelit or embossing folder. The platforms have suggestions on which tab to use for each accessory. My platform says that I should use Tab 1 for embossing folders. However, I have found that my "sandwich" is too tight and I have a hard time rolling it through and then my paper is almost cut instead of embossed. So I have learned to use no tabs with my embossing folder, just the main part of the platform. 

To sum up my tip, play around with your layers in your sandwiches that you run through your Big Shot. You may find that one works better than the other. But, most of all, have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment