Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Terrific Tips Tuesday

Today's tip is inspired by my to-do list. Did you know that Christmas is just over two months away? Did you groan or did that bring a smile to your face? Either way, the time to start planning is now so you can actually enjoy the holidays this year. My tip? It's time to start planning your Christmas cards! I'll be doing that this week. My Christmas Card Stamp Camp is November 8th, and that day is rapidly approaching.

Here are some other ways I keep the stress level down when it comes to sending out those annual greetings:

  •  Keep a label document with the names and addresses of the people on your Christmas card list. It's easy to edit and when it comes time to address those envelopes all you have to do is print up the labels. Having this document saved is also helpful for other big events. When I had to send out birth announcements for each of our kids, I just printed up my Christmas card labels! It can also be a help when planning showers or birthdays.
  • Plan ahead. Don't just decide how you'll make your cards. Of course you need to decide if they'll be hand crafted with card stock or digitally designed. But, are you going to add a family picture? Will it just be tucked inside, or a part of the card? 
  • Speaking of pictures, have you had them taken yet? If not, today's the day to make that appointment! 
  • Set a due date. My goal is always to have the cards stuffed, labeled, stamped and ready to send by Thanksgiving. That way, after the turkey is done, I can sit back and enjoy the rest of the holidays! Or, get to work on the next project... Wrapping gifts, decorating, making it to all those school parties and programs, baking... The list is never-ending, but it can be less stressful!
Speaking of less stressful, Stampin' Up! has made navigating their on-line store less stressful! Visit today and check out the new features and stream-lined check-out process!

To leave you with a little inspiration, I thought I'd share some cards I've made for Christmases past:

These first two were made using Stampin' Up!'s digital software, My Digital Studio.







No comments:

Post a Comment