Friday, January 2, 2015

Flashback Friday

Here is an oldie but goodie. We made this card at Stamp Camp 4 years ago. The stamp set was a hostess set, but there are always floral sets you could use instead. In fact, be sure to check out the Lotus Blossom stamp set come out January 6th in the Sale-A-Bration catalog. You can earn it FREE when you purchase $50 worth of products! Stay tuned!

Are you ready for the final sneak peak? I'm having a hard time picking my favorite from this group of cards, but I absolutely loved the way the colors came together on this. I knew I wanted to use the Level 2 Hostess set, Apple Blossoms, but I was having a hard time finding an idea I really loved. So I went to my favorite resourse, the Stampin' Up Idea Book and Catalog. I went to page 12 where the Apple Blossom set is and found my inspiration! As a scrapbooker my eye was drawn to the beautiful scrapbook page that used this set. So, I decided that this would be my inspiration. Next, I knew that I really wanted to use the Basic Gray card stock somehow. Stampin' Up has a wonderful new tool, the Color Coach! I pulled that out and looked up the Basic Gray card which suggested I pair it with Melon Mambo and Old Olive. Perfection!
Oct Stamp Camp Card 4
Other than the Apple Blossom stamp set, which I managed to dip in all three ink colors I mentioned above, I also used Whisper White card stock and Dimensionals to make the flower pop up from the card. I added a bit more color by punching Melon Mambo with the Scalloped Border Punch. The 1 3/8" Circle Punch was the perfect fit for the flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment