Friday, August 22, 2014

Flashback Friday

Today's flashback card takes us back to Stamp Camp in June 2012. We used one of my favorite stamp sets, The Open Sea. This set is great not only for making masculine cards, but also beach or travel themed and it also lends itself to an aged look. I even used it this week when I was scrapbooking our beach vacation!

This first card uses one of my absolute favorite stamp sets, The Open Sea. It was in the 2011 Summer Mini Catalog and it seemed like it retired. However, Stampin' Up! gave us a notification that even though it didn't show up in the Idea Book & Catalog last year that it was still available. And to my joy it will be in the new catalog starting June 1st. Check it out on page 104. (Clear Mounted #123032 $18.95, Wood Mounted #123030 $26.95) I especially love this set because it makes a great masculine card. And, let's face it, those can be hard to come by. It's great by itself but this time I paired it with Word Play, a fun "sentiments" set with creatively designed phrases like "You mean the world to me", "Wish Big" and "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams".  When paired  with the ship image from The Open Sea you can send a fun, cheeky message to a graduate, a father, or a birthday celebrant. 
Stamp Sets:
The Open Sea
Word Play

Paper:
Not Quite Navy
Pool Party
Riding Hood Red
Whisper White

Ink:
Not Quite Navy
Crumb Cake
Pool Party

Accessories:
Riding Hood Red Ribbon (retired)
Big Shot
Houndstooth Embossing Folder
Scallop Squares Duo Die

No comments:

Post a Comment