Friday, February 7, 2014

Flashback Friday

Today's flashback doesn't go back too far. This was our 2013 Christmas card I created in My Digital Studio. I have loved using the MDS program, a digital program by Stamin' Up! that you can use to create cards, scrapbook pages, memory books and almost any other paper and print project you can think of. With this card I was able to use a new shape that Stampin' Up! had recently introduced, the Artisan Shaped Postcard. It doesn't save in that shape when I save the project as a file on my computer, but it was such an easy addition to the project and really stepped the card up to another level.

With MDS you can use templates already loaded in the software or you can create a project from nothing. Here, I started from nothing, adding all the layers, shadows, filling the letters with digital patterned paper, controlling the look of the shadows behind the ribbon, picture, stitching and letters and adding some embellishments. I have such a fun time doing this! But, when I'm behind on scrapbooking there is nothing easier than finding a template and dropping my photos right in. MDS helped me so much while we were building our house. I didn't have the time or space to be working on all of my scrapbooks, but I was able to stay on top of things by creating pages digitally.
 Since I created this as a postcard, I simply added our Christmas greetings on the "back", or page 2 in the project, and it was ready to order!

Check out the MDS software HERE. You can give a try today by downloading the FREE 30 day trial!

No comments:

Post a Comment