Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Terrific Tips Tuesday

Happy Tuesday to you! Stampin' Up! offers great quality stamps and I'm often asked whether I prefer the clear mounted or wood mounted stamps. Honestly, they both have great benefits and it depends on what I'm doing. Clear mount stamps are, clearly, (<- See what I did there?) great for alphabet sets and getting titles or words just how you want them. Wood mount stamps are my favorite when I'm in a hurry since there's no searching for the right block to fit the stamps. I often have cards on hand with no sentiments inside so I can add just the right one when the occasion arises. Consequently, I've found I prefer to buy my sentiments in wood mount.

But what do you do when you've made a mistake and mounted the rubber crooked on the wood block? Well, never fear! There's a fix! And that's today's tip. If you mount your stamps and realize something is amiss (I have many times mounted letters backwards - so frustrating!), just pop the stamp in the microwave for 5-10 seconds. Take it out, but be careful. The wood block will be very hot. But, the adhesive will have loosened up enough for you to quickly pull the rubber off and re-position the image. I hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment